French toast roll-ups equal taking something already awesome, French Toast, and make it even better if that's even possible. French toast roll ups are a creation that reminds me of a fusion dish of the Mexican dessert Churros and French Toast. The best part is your kids will flip out for this breakfast treat or dessert. This is the kind of recipe you'd have no problem getting the kids to help out with. Coming up with their own fun filling combinations will get the kids excited. Kinda like taking ownership of their own little project.
French Toast Roll-Ups | Brunch Ideas |
Make-Ahead Meal Plan
- Stores great in the refrigerator.
- The Key: Do Not Cover Them (Might get soggy)
- The texture will still be amazing
- You can serve them cold and they are almost better this way
- You can play with plating designs when they are cold. Try cutting them into circles and plating them around the plate. Just lay one of the French Toast Roll Up on a cutting board and slice it into a pieces.
Here' what they look like on day two of being in the refrigerator.
How To Make French Toast Roll-Ups
First, cut off the crust on the slices of bread. I suggest using a serrated knife for smooth cuts.
Fill with your favorite flavors. We used cream cheese, Nutella, strawberries, and almond slices ( extra texture ).
Roll Up slowly and tight using the extra cream cheese on one end to act as the glue.
Use a combination of Butter and Vegetable oil. The vegetable oil is a natural oil and will not impart any flavor.
French Toast Roll Ups
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 T Brown Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon All-Spice
- Sliced Bread
- 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese
- Sliced Strawberries
- Sliced Almonds
- Extra Sugar & Cinnamon for dusting
- In a bowl, add eggs and whip. Add cinnamon, vanilla, salt, all-spice, brown sugar, sugar and combine.
- Cut off the crust. Using a rolling pin or large glass, flatten all pieces of bread. Make sure to do a good job on the corners.
- Paint on cream cheese or Nutella on one side of a piece of bread and fill with strawberries & almonds, yet only on one side. Add a small amount of cream cheese or Nutella to the edge of the bread, acting like glue. Then roll up the pieces of bread into a log.
- Cook the prepped pieces of bread in batches. Add the bread to the seasoned egg mixture right before cooking them. If you soak them too long they will become unmanageable.Add 1 tablespoon of butter, plus 2 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a medium sized pan. Once the butter melts, start adding the french toast roll-ups. Cook until golden brown and delicious. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar for dusting. Two to three tablespoons of cinnamon to one cup of sugar. Could add more cinnamon 🙂
Italian Dessert - Semifreddo
-- Click the photo below to learn all about it and how to make it. Printable recipe card--