Being creative and having fun with brunch to me is something to be celebrated. When it comes to brunch, simply said, there are zero rules to brunch. Besides the time of day.
Potato flowers equal something special on the plate. Which is beautiful crispy potato leaves in each bite. The almighty simple potato becomes fancy and thoughtful touch to any brunch.
The usual culinary rule book gets thrown out the window. The humble potato has played so many roles around the world; from the star on the plate, to be the backup singer.
There are more than 4,500 varieties of native potatoes, found mostly in the Andes. They come in many sizes and shapes. They’re interestingly between 100-180 wild potato species. Though they are too bitter to eat, their important biodiversity includes natural resistance to pests, diseases, and climatic conditions.
How To Make Potato Flowers / Crispy Potatoe Leaves
Begin by washing your potatoes well. You can remove the potato skins if you like. Remember there is a bunch of health properties in the skins. Using a mandolin with the thin slice plate attached, slice potatoes. One potato makes on average two potato flowers.
Add cooked bacon and melted butter to the bottom of the cupcake tin
Then add the sliced potatoes and style them to look like roses
Drizzle melted butter over the potato flowers for beautiful browning. You could coat all the potato slices in a large bowl with butter and garlic salt.
Add Parmesan Cheese to the tops of the potato flowers
Add sliced chives for a nice pop of color and freshness to the tops of the potato flowers
Potato Flowers & Crispy Potato Leafs | Creative Brunch Ideas
- 1 Potato per two potato flowers Average
- 4 Ounces of high quality melted butter more is better than less
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp slice Chives
- 1 Egg per Potato Flower
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife. Slice potatoes using the thin mandolin plate attachment attached. Add butter and cooked bacon to the bottoms of the cupcake tin tray. Place sliced potatoes into cupcake tin molds. One potato makes on average two potato flowers. Shape potato slices so that they look like a rose. How to do this is by adding the slices of potatoes opposite side from each other. Watch the video above to example.
- Add butter, parmesan cheese, chives and a sprinkle of garlic salt to the tops.
- Add one egg to the middle. Depending on how you like your eggs you could add the egg in the middle of the cooking process. Egg cookery is such a personal choice. Just add the eggs when you think is best to accomplish the correct doneness.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and delicious.