KETO Diet Scotch Eggs | Gluten-Free
Gluten-Free and Low Carb and perfect for KETO dieters
- 6 Eggs
- 16oz Package of Breakfast Sauage) (Enough to cover 6 eggs)
- Bag of Pork Rinds ( I used spicy favored, also adds extra color)(You can add a small amount of paprika to the pork rinds to enhance the finished presentation color)
- 1/2 Cup + of Almond Flour
Soft Boiled Egg
- Using a medium-sized pot, add enough water that will just cover the tops of the eggs
- Bring water to a strong boil
- Then add room temperature eggs to the pot and turn down the temperature to just under the rapid boil. (Water still bubbling and very hot)
- Cover the pot with a lid and set the timer for 4:30 minutes exactly
- Next, remove the cooked eggs and place them in a bowl with room temperature water ( Do not run them under cold water or shock them with ice water)
Peeling the Eggs
- Either using a bowl with room temperature water in it or running the eggs under warm water. (The idea is to NOT shock the eggs. This causes the membrane between the egg shell and the egg to stick and makes peeling a challenge
- Start by cracking around the egg.
- Peel the egg under the water in the bowl, or under running water (Water temperature: Warm)
Making the Scotch Egg
- Apply the pork sausage to the outside of the soft boiled egg. I suggest laying out the sausage on a cutting board and making a flat circle. Invision the egg placed in the middle and enough sausage to cover the entire exterior of the egg.
- Once the eggs are wrapped with sausage, place them into the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes. ( The reason for this step is to allow the sausage to set up around the eggs and allow the soft boil egg yolks to chill and become cold. This will help the egg yolks to not overcook and still remain runny from frying.
- Using 3 bowls, add the almond flour to one, 2 eggs “beaten with a fork” with a tbsp of water to the second,bowl, and lastly, add the pork rind breadcrumbs to the third bowl. ( Just add the pork rinds to a food processor and try to grind them up quickly)(Quickly, so they do not get warm and start melting the fat)
- Start with the almond flour and cover the egg/sausage completely, then dip into the egg mix and finish with the pork grind breadcrumbs
- Next, fry them for about 2 minutes. Fryer @ 340 degrees. TIP: When covering the eggs with the sausage, make sure you don’t add too much sausage creating a thick layer. This will add to the cook time and cause the yolks to become hard.
How-To Make The Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 1 Cup/8 oz Package of Sour Cream
- Cut off the head of a bushel of Cilantro
- Pinch of paprika
- PInch of Sea Salt
- Fresh cracked Black Pepper
- A squeeze of Lime Juice
Mix all ingredients together,
Using a food processor makes the job very easy
Please Enjoy & Share!