Have you ever tried macaroni and cheese on a pizza? How about replacing the tomato sauce with ranch dressing? Two of the fun changes we made to traditional pizza pinwheels in this recipe. This recipe has it all, a great sauce, excellent texture, cheese, and kids love them. We also have an adult version.
Kid Friendly Pizza Pin-Wheels - A Recipe for your Little Helpers
The adult version includes one of my favorite ingredients to add to recipes, Chorizo. Chicken and Chorizo is a match made in heaven.
Step One: Roasting The Perfect Chicken
Suggestion: Roast the chicken the day before. Comes with some advantages
- The chicken is cooled down and easy to handle
- The flavors intensify overnight in the refrigerator
The next step, remove the meat from the chicken. Be sure to keep the chicken bones for chicken stock. Here's a link to our perfect chicken stock recipe. This recipe comes from Le Cordon Bleu so you know it's good!
Making the Cheesy Chicken Ranch Pizza Pinwheels
First Step: Using store-Bought Cresent Dough. Line the bottom of a cookie sheet
Then add the "tomato sauce upgrade" Ranch Dressing - It's a reverse Pizza. How many times have you dipped your pizza crust into Ranch Dressing? Yep, this is so good and your kids will love it.
Then comes the fun part. Mac & Cheese Topping.
Cook your favorite macaroni pasta shapes by the instructions on the box.
Next, add the roasted chicken/ or grocery store rotisserie chicken to the pizza pinwheel dough in an even layer
Fun Ingredient For The Adults and Maybe Even Your Kids
I personally Love Chorizo & It Goes So Very Well With Chicken
The add some chopped parsley and a layer of cheese of your liking
Used Parmesan In this Recipe
Now for the Rolling Up of the PinWheels
VIDEO: How To Make Cheesy Chicken Ranch Pizza Pinwheels
Cheesy Chicken Ranch Pizza Pinwheels
- 1 package Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- 1 whole Roasted Chicken
- 1 packaged Mac and Cheese / Cooked
- 1 bottle Ranch Dressing
- 1 package Favorite Cheese / Or use a cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- Optional Topping: Chorizo Adds Big Flavor
- Layout Pizza Dough on a cookie sheet. Do not oil or butter the cookie sheet as the pizza dough has enough butter in it to make sure it will not stick. Spread the dough out to the edges of the cookie sheet if possible. The first layer is the ranch dressing, be sure to use enough as it brings great flavor to the pizza. Next goes the mac & cheese, followed by the roasted chicken, parsley, cheese, and chorizo.
- Roll up the pizza dough lengthwise so that the pinwheels aren't too big. Into refrigerator or freezer to set up so slicing the pinwheels is easy.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce topped with chopped parsley for color.