| CHICKEN STOCK |
Homemade chicken stock truly is something that cannot really be explained, you need to taste it to see why it’s so good, like tasting wine. The depth of flavor will have your guests asking you what’s your secret.
What is the difference between Chicken Stock and Chicken Broth?
A lot of people have wondered about this very question.
Chicken Stock is made from chicken bones
Chicken broth is the reserved liquid from cooking chicken whole/pieces
Night and Day difference in flavor
You may have noticed in most grocery stores, they only sell chicken broth? The reason they sell mostly chicken broth is it’s cheaper to make. Chicken Stock is a magical product. I promise this is well worth your time. Plus your home will smell great the whole time your cooking away.
The first step, getting roasted chicken bones for the chicken stock, first roast the perfect chicken.
Here’s our article/recipe on the Perfect Roast Chicken with video. So good!
Below is a short video, about one minute, showing you the process how to create the perfect chicken stock.
Hint: Special ingredient revealed in the video 🙂
Add To Your Yummly Recipes
- 1 Roasted Chicken "Bones" - Non-roasted bones work just fine. Roasted adds additional depth of flavor
- 1 Large Onion Sweet Vidalia Onion
- 2 Large Carrots - Peeled
- 3 Stocks of Celery
- 12-15 Sprig of Fresh Thyme
- 10-12 Sprigs of Dill
- Stems from one Parsley bundle
- 12-15 Fresh Black Peppercorns
- Start with adding a small pat of butter into your stock pot.
- Once melted added your Mirepoix (Onions, Carrots & Celery)
- Sweat the Mirepoix for 5-7 minutes ( Just before they start to brown)
- Add a pinch of Salt
- Next add your Thyme, Dill and Parsley Stems
- Place your Roasted / OR(non-roasted) Chicken Bones to the Stock Pot
- Stirred everything around and cook for 1 to 2 minutes
- Add water to just cover everything
- Cook for 2 hours, ( Uncovered)
- Lastly, Strain your fresh stock and store in Refrigerator in an air-tight container
Perfect Chicken Stock | Le Cordon Bleu Recipe