Macadamia Nut Butter & Parmesan Deviled Eggs
When it comes to making deviled eggs I suggest making extra. Is there ever enough? Traditional deviled eggs are pretty close to perfect in my opinion, but when you have something so right, isn't it correct to say it can only get better? That was my thinking with this simple creative recipe. I took two ingredients I love and I believe most people do, macadamia nuts and parmesan cheese, and introduced them to deviled eggs.
PEELING HARD BOILED EGGS - 100 Year Old Trick
I think we have all suffered through peeling eggs that do not want to peel. Having to pick off one piece at a time, just wondering when the nightmare will end.
I'm with you, I do NOT like peeling hard-boiled eggs. For this reason, I wanted to find out what the tricks are to peeling them with ease. I found the answer from an 80-year-old. I'll give you a hint. It's so crazy easy you'll wonder why you ever knew... Watch My 2-minute video below
How To Get The Perfect Egg For PEELING - Knowledge About Shopping For EGGS
When eggs arrive at the grocery store they are 3 to 5 days old. There is something called the Julian date on each carton of eggs.
Julian date ranges from 1 to 365. The number reflex the day of the year they were "laid"
Older eggs make for easier peeling. Perfect hard-boiled eggs are 7 to 10 days old.
- Eggs (( 7 to 10 days old eggs )) 12
- Duke's Mayonnaise 6 tablespoon
- Macadamia Nuts ½ cup
- Parmesan Cheese (/ use more if desired) 3 tablespoon
- Shallots (/ can sub with onion) 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Zest ½ teaspoon
- Apple Cider Vinegar (/ can use whichever vinegar you like) 2 teaspoon
- Dry Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 2 teaspoon
- Serrano Pepper (/ cut pepper in half) 1
Shopping For EGGS - FACTS
- When eggs arrive at the grocery store they are 3 to 5 days old. There is something called the Julian date on each carton of eggs.Julian date ranges from 1 to 365. The number reflexs the day of the year they were "laid"Older eggs make for easier peeling. Perfect hard-boiled eggs are 7 to 10 days old.
Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs into a large ( 8qt) pot ( just do not use a small pot) and cover with enough water to cover the eggs by 2 inches
- Turn off the heat and bring the water to just UNDER the boil, 185-190 degrees. Do not bring them to a rumbling boil
- Next turn off the heat and cover with a lid and set your timer for 10 minutes
- EASY PEEL METHODAfter 10 minutes uncover the pot and use a large device to lightly crush the eggshells. #potatomasher #largevase #largerspoonYou do not need to crush the eggs a lot. Just enough to allow some of the water to enter the shells.The set timer for 3 more minutes
- After the 3 minutes place the eggs into an ice bath and shock the eggs for at least 5 minutes to cool.Eggs will peel easilyYou can also add salt to the water if the eggs are fresh to help weaken the shells. Older eggs 7 to 10 work best and do not need salt.
- Using a food processor, chop the macadamia nuts up into a butter. They will chop up nicely, will not become a complete butter, but the result will be a super soft crumb of macadamia nuts. Really nice texture.Then add in the rest of the ingredients and bring them other.
- You can fill the deviled egg whites a number of ways. Try using a plastic bag, fill the bag on one side. Cut a small slit in the lower corner and squeeze the egg mixture into each egg white. If you have a pastry bag, add a star tip to the bottom for a pretty presentation and fill with egg mixture and fill egg whites.
Deviled Eggs Recipe | Hard Boiled Eggs Facts & Techniques
- More Deviled Eggs Recipe In LINK