Bacon Pepperoni Sticks with Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
How this recipe came alive is I wanted to dream up something new for an appetizer. Looks to be most people are looking online for simple & easy recipes.
The creation of combining pepperoni and bacon to me just made sense, making way for Bacon Pepperoni Sticks with Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing to be born.
Googled Search Term: “Bacon Pepperoni Appetizers” – Found Nothing –
Watch Our How-To Video:
Googled Search Term: “Bacon Pepperoni Sticks Recipe” – Found Nothing
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Sliced Bacon 1 Package
- Pepperoni Slices (Circles) 1 Package
HomeMade Ranch Dressing
- Shallot (Chopped) 1 Medium Sized
- Garlic (Chopped) 3 Cloves
- Buttermilk 1 Pint /32oz
- Sour Cream 8 ounces
- Mayonnaise ½ Cup
- Dijon Mustard 2 teaspoon
- Worcester Sauce 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Tarragon 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Parsley 1 ½ tablespoon
- Fresh Thyme 2 teaspoon
- Fresh Oregano 2 teaspoon
- White Table Sugar 2 teaspoon
- Sea Salt 1 teaspoon
Making the Bacon Pepperoni Sticks
- Layout one piece of Bacon on a cutting board. Make three cuts in the middle going down the length of the Bacon. The three pockets are where the pepperoni will be going.
- Take three pieces of pepperoni and stack them on top of each other. Using a knife, make a cut from the middle to the edge. Kind of like a Pac-Man shape.
- Take one piece of pepperoni and thread it through the first cut/hole in the bacon. repeat two more times with the other pieces of bacon
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with Aluminum foil. Not parchment paper...
- Bake at 400 for 12 minutes. Could take longer or less depending on the size of your bacon slices.
Making the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Using a food processor, Start by pre-chopping, shallot, garlic, herbs to help the food processor do a better job combining all ingredients.
- Add all ingredients into food processor and turn on and allow all ingredients enough time to combine.
- TSA - Taste-Season-"And Adjust"Take a taste and see if the ranch dressing needs anything
- For best results, make the day before to allow the flavors to develop.Still very good to use the same day