Zucchini lasagna recipe is a healthy recipe even your kids will eat. The balanced cheese level to the tomato sauce makes this dish. Zucchini is super healthy for us and provides great texture when used correctly. The recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prepare. Which makes it the perfect plan ahead weeknight dinner plan meal. Just cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator and pull it out when you’re ready to cook. Fifteen minutes later and you have dinner served.
Video: Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
Zucchini Taco Shells
Zucchini gets turned into a taco shell. Yes, super flavorful taco shells made from zucchini. The texture is great and I can report I’ve never had any leftovers when making this recipe. Must try!
Give our homemade tomato sauce a try for a truly homemade eating experience.
Homemade Tomato Sauce
Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
- 3 Medium Zucchini / Cut in long strips
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1 cup Italian Cheese or Cheese blend
- 24 oz Jar of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Dill / chopped
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- 2 Tsp Garlic / minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Using a mandolin or vegetable peeler make long thin slices. Two slices per serving of lasagna.You could use a knife to make long cuts as well. Just make sure you do not cut them too thick or they will not bend into shape.
- Add ricotta, cheese blend, dill, parsley, garlic, salt & pepper to a medium-sized bowl and mix ingredients. Whip the egg separately in a bowl and then add. Helps make sure the egg incorporates well.
Making The Zucchini Lasagna
- Prep the casserole dish, spread out all the tomato sauce covering the bottom of the casserole dish. Add a small amount of cheese to the top of the tomato sauce.
- Lay two strips of Zucchini in the shape of a cross. Lay them perpendicular / 90 degrees on top of each other.
- Add enough filling to the middle of the Zucchini so that you can still wrap the zucchini around its self.
- Start with the zucchini on the bottom and bring it up over the top, repeating with both sides and both pieces. You'll have a small bundle. Flip over 180 degrees so the seams are on the bottom holding everything together and in place. Place on top of the tomato sauce in a neat line for a nice presentation. Add a small amount of cheese to the tops of each individual zucchini wraps. The cheese becomes golden brown after cooking.
- When your ready to cook, preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake for 15 to 20 minutes then serve asap.
- Garnish with Basil.