Welcome to Wonderful World of SuperFood Chia Seeds
In this Chia Seed article, we will cover the broad spectrum of Chia Seeds and the health benefits they offer, there are many. Chia Seeds are now considered a superfood. The reason why Chia Seeds became a superfood will likely no surprise anyone after reading this article. Might be the healthiest food on the earth
What are Chia Seeds?
Chia Seeds are an edible seed that comes from a desert plant named Salvia Hispanica, that is grown in Mexico dating back to Aztec and Mayan days. It was a major crop in central Mexico between 900 B.C to 1500 AD. The word Chia means strength, and folklore has it that the Aztecs and Mayans used the tiny black and white seeds as an energy booster.
Health Tip: Try adding Chia Seeds to your morning smoothies or yogurt. Simple way to intergrate them into your diet. Once wet, they will absorb the liquid they are in, which soften the Chia Seeds.
Now on to the good stuff.
What you need to know about Chia Seeds and their health benefits.
We’ll start with what Chia Seeds provide for us in reaching our daily health requirements
Numbers below are from just 1 ounce of Chia Seeds
Almost sounds like a daily vitamin doesn’t it?… That much goodness from seeds. If you think about it, a lot of our food started from a seed, yet we do not think about eating seeds much. Flaxseeds have been around for a while too, and also are a top seed to be consuming in our daily diets.
On to the food facts…If you’re like me when I read the health benefits of chia seeds I couldn’t believe it. It’s one of those moments when the question pops in your head. “Why haven’t I been eating Chia Seeds in my life. Check this list out….If you know of some other good Chia Seeds facts please share them in the comments section below
Chia Seed Food Facts
3 Time More vitamin C than Oranges
15 Times More Magnesium Than Broccoli
5 Times More Calcium Than Milk
Soaked Chia Seeds Can Replace Butter & Eggs When Baking
100% More Omega3 Fatty Acids Than Salmon
41% Of Your Daily Fiber (2 Tablespoons)
32% Of Your Daily Magnesium
Each Seed Is 16% Complete Vegetable Protein
6 Times more Iron Than Spinach
64% More Potassium Than A Banana
More Niacin Than Corn|Rice|Soy
Double The Antioxidants Found In Blueberries
Nutrition Breakdown: 31% Fat, 16% Protein and 44% Carbohydrate with 38% fiber, Wow
Let’s look at some healthy ways to eat Superfood Chia Seeds
How to Eat Chia Seeds – 3 Ways! | Chia Seeds Benefits
Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Chia Muffins
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 3/4 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Plain Fat Free Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Ripe Banana Mashed
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts Chopped
Making The Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Chia Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Mix water and chia seeds together in a small bowl; set aside until chia seed gel is thickened, about 10 minutes
- Combine flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk chia gel, yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture just until batter is moistened. Fold bananas and walnuts into batter. Fill muffin cups 2/3-full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes. Cool muffins for 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD Recipe with CHOCOLATE and Almond Butter - Healthy & Delicious!