Grandma perfection, mini cherry cheesecake. When the holiday season comes around everyone starts planning for their Christmas and Hanukkah party thinking about what can I do a little bit differently this year. Well, when it comes to holiday desserts you had me at cheese & cake.
If you're not into cherries, what about blueberries? Maybe take some strawberries and puree them in a food processor with sugar and some gelatin, then quarter some strawberries and add them to your mix. Place in your refrigerator to set up and firm up.
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes & The Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes
First, in a mixer add two 8oz packages of cream cheese along with 2 eggs. Using the paddle attachment on low-speed begin combining ingredients.
Next add in 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla, ½ teaspoon of sea salt, and sugar. I like my cheesecake less sweet so I used ½ cup of sugar. If you like yours a little bit sweeter use ¾ cup of sugar instead.
Once everyone is mixed together, stop your mixer and scrape down the sides/walls of the mixing bowl. There will always be small bits not incorporated.
Change the paddle attachment to the whipping attachment and mix until smooth and creamy... About one minute.
Creating Mini Cherry Cheesecakes Time
Creating the graham cracker crust is traditionally done by mixing sugar, cinnamon with crushed graham crackers. My grandma's recipe called for vanilla wafers as the base. If you are able to find mini cupcake papers that will fit the whole size of the mini vanilla wafers. just place one of those as your base. No butter added then. (Most grocery stores sell them nowadays) The crust is easy, place a hand full of the vanilla wafers and crush them inside of a plastic bag. Fill the cupcake papers and add a small piece of butter on top. When the cheesecake cooks the butter melts and mixes with the crushed wafers and sets up and combines.
Baking - Check after 10 minutes. They are done once the tops of the mini cherry cheesecakes start to take color. Same for the normal-sized cupcakes, but these will take a few minutes longer in the oven.
Once out of the oven, they need to cool down. After that, place them straight into the refrigerator to set up and firm up. This will make removing the cupcakes from the papers super easy. So easy, that you could leave them on and have your guest remove themselves.
A popular trend in food is serving people personal servings sized items. Everyone loves getting their own anything served to them. Making Mini Cherry Cheesecakes is just the perfect bite to serve at your holiday party.
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Cup of Sugar ¾ cup of sugar If you like them a little sweeter
- Slices of butter
- Crushed vanilla wafers
- In an electric mixer, mix together using the paddle attachment both packages of cream cheese, both eggs, all the sugar, salt & vanilla.
- Once combine, scrape down the side walls of the mixer. Then switch the paddle attachment to the whipping attachment and mix for one minute.
Building the cheesecakes
- Layout cupcake papers on cookie sheet, place the vanilla wafer crumbs in the bottom. Add however much you like. Place a small pat of butter on top. Then fill with the cheesecake filling.
- Preheated oven 325. Bake on the middle rack in your oven. Check after 10 minutes. They are done once the tops of the cheesecakes start to brown. Yet, we are not looking for much color on top, if any.