Some days are great for daydreaming and seeing where our mind takes us. When creating the Butterfinger cheesecake brownies recipe, the idea was to make something special, a little different from everyone else online. This brownie recipe all by itself is good enough to make anyone a very happy brownie maker. But then the Butterfinger cheesecake filling takes it over the top, so good. The best part, it’s super easy to make.
My Aunt MC has an amazing recipe, Peanut Butter Chocolate Butterfinger Bars that helped inspire this recipe. The secret ingredient that creates the “Butterfinger” experience has been around for decades. Can’t say I see it used in many recipes. Exactly what makes it so cool to use, everyone else isn’t using it. #score – Vanilla Wafers…..
Visit Blog Post By Click Photo Below ( Peanut Butter Chocolate Butterfinger Bars )
I love making easy cheesecakes. A traditional cheesecake has its place, and incredible when done well.
WATCH Our How-To Video:
Two issues arise when making a traditional cheesecake
- Using a hot water bath to cook the cheesecake. A gentle cooking process that helps with even cooking and reduced cracking
- Having to bake the cheesecake – No-bake cheesecakes are great – We are going to use No-Bake in this recipe
I have a great recipe for a No “Water Bath” Cheesecake right here > Perfect Baked Cheesecake Every Time – No Water Bath Needed
Brownies anyone? 🙂
📖 Recipe Card
Butterfinger Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 cup Pastry Flour / Sifted
- 1 stick High Quality Butter
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao BitterSweet Chocolate
- 3 extra large Eggs
- 1 ¼ cup Fine White Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbs Brown Sugar
- 2 tbs Honey
- 1 tbs Ground Coffee
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
Butterfinger Cheesecake Filling
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese / room temperature
- 20 Or More Vanilla Waffers / lightly crushed
- 6 tbs Dulce de Leche caramel
- ⅔ cup Powder Sugar
NOTE: Optional - Small bag of Pecans for garnish & topping / Look in the baking isle at the grocery store
- Set the cream cheese out on the counter to come to room temperature while you're making the brownies.
- Using a double boiler ( ie. a pot with boiling water inside with a heatproof bowl on top - making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add in the butter and allow it to melt most of the way. Then add in all of the chocolate and melt
- Turn the heat down to low. - Crack the eggs into a bowl, making sure no pieces of the shell get into the brownies mix. Add in the eggs now, make sure you are stirring quickly. This helps make sure the eggs do not scramble. #important
- Then add in the vanilla, brown sugar, coffee, salt, honey and mix well. I suggest mixing each ingredient into the batter one by one. Does make a difference.
- Next, pastry flour. Be sure to sift the flour before adding it to the brownie mix. This helps make sure you do not get any lumps in the brownie mix.Mix the flour into the batter in "3rds". Another way to help reduce any lumps from getting into the brownie mix.
- I used a 9-inch springform pan. Line it with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil to help reduce sticking.Pour the brownie mix into the springform pan and pat the mix with a spatula to remove air bubbles. Then place the springform pan onto a cookie sheet. Helps make sure your oven stays clean.
Baking The Brownies
- Place brownies into a preheated, 350-degree oven, cook for around 35 to 45 minutes.All ovens cook differently. Keep an eye on the process. Use a toothpick to check the doneness. When it is done, the toothpick will have a very small amount of batter on the bottom tip. Then allow the brownies to cool out of the oven while you make the Butterfinger cheesecake filling.
Butterfinger Cheesecake Filling
- Add one 8oz cream cheese that's room temperature to a mixer. Then add in the melted caramel. Next, the vanilla wafers, add around 20 or more to a plastic bag, and crush them up. Make sure you do not over crush them. We want the texture in the cheesecake filling. Add more if you like.
Finishing The Butterfinger Cheesecake Brownies
- Once the brownies have cooled, using a knife, cut the brownie into two pieces. Halfing the brownie along the horizon. Like two cakes.Fill in the brownie with the cheesecake filling like you were icing the middle of a cake. Then place the other piece of brownie on top of the cheesecake filling. I like cutting off the edges and making a square. Makes for easy cutting and equal sizing when cutting.Melt some more caramel and drizzle over the brownies and top with crushed pecans.
Leave a Reply