Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
The Humble Mushroom
In all of its tasty glory, it is…..
Not just tasty, but brings great nutrition to the dinner table
Did somebody say something about Crab? 🙂
Here is a video on how to remove the crab meat “Fine-Dining” Style
Removing the Crab-Meat in Whole Pieces
Bonus: Secret Sweet Crab Meat Location Revealed
Health Benefits of Mushrooms
- Improve cardiovascular function
- Repairs DNA
- Reduces Cholesterol by 10 to 20 percent
- Restore a poorly functioning immune system
- Helps your body build muscle
- Eases asthma symptoms
- Nutrients: Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin C, Folate, Iron, Zinc & Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin D, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Selenium.
- Support Liver & Kidney function
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
First: Clean the Mushrooms
I like using a spoon to scoop out the mushroom gills. Take your time and get as much as you can. The gills have an extra earthy taste that competes with the sweet crab.
Finished Cleaned Mushroom
Next, combine all ingredients in a large bowl
Stuff the mushrooms – Be sure to add enough. Add enough so that the filling comes above the mushroom
Crab Stuff Mushrooms
- 24 Crimini Mushrooms / White Button Mushrooms work fine also
- 8 oz Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Lump CrabMeat / or more if you like....
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay or creole seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1 Tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs Butter
- Pinch of salt
- First clean the mushrooms / allow mushrooms to dry for 10 minutes(Make the filling while drying)
- Add room temperature cream cheese to a mixing bowl or food processor along with ALL ingredients besides the crab meat and cheese. Blend/Mix together until well incorporated. Next add in the cheese(the reason for not adding the cheese into the food processor is it changes the texture by reducing the size of the grated cheese) Next add in the Crab meat pulling the crab meat apart into even sizes as it goes into the bowl. On top of the Crab add in 1 tbs of melted Butter. Gently combine ingredients.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and discard. Next with a spoon, carve out the spores underneath the mushroom cap. In the video above I demonstrate this technique. The spores are woody and not good eats in this case, plus this gives you more room to stuff the mushrooms.
- From there fill the mushrooms generously and top with more Parmesan cheese. For color sprinkle paprika or cayenne pepper.
- Oven Preheated to 350 Degrees
- Bake the stuffed mushroom for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- I like using the broiler the last 2 minutes for presentation.
Chef Steven Pennington
Le Cordon Bleu Chef sharing food adventures from around the world with a style of cooking rooted in southwestern flavors using French culinary technique.