How To Truss a Chicken For Perfect Presentation
Trussing Chicken, there is something about a beautifully presented roast chicken. Golden brown with crispy skin and super moist. In this segment on chicken, we are going to talk exactly about how to accomplish the perfect roast. How many times have you had dry chicken? It is very disappointing and can ruin the meal.
Our first lesson starts today with trussing a chicken the correct way to achieve the perfect roast chicken.
Trussing Chicken for the Perfect Roast
- Trussing string 2 1/2 ft to one yard Cut
- Whole Chicken Patted Dry
- Lay your chicken in front of you with the legs pointed at you
- Place the trussing string under the chicken, by the wings
- Loop the trussing string over the wings to the front of the chicken, then back under to complete the loop
- Next take the trussing string and come over the top side of the legs
- Loopback under the legs and back to the top of the legs.
- The trussing string is now at the backside of the chicken
- Tie a chefs knot, or any knot that works ( How to tie a chefs knot is in the video)
- Secure tightly, the chicken will shape up and look picture perfect for your roast
- Tie the legs together with string
Learn to Truss & Tie a Butcher’s Knot For “Roasts”
Our Ultimate Chicken Learning Kit