Roasted Pumpkin Seeds always remind me of my mother and the holidays. Growing up she would roast pumpkin seeds each year for us. As kids, we were lucky to have parents that would always be exposing us to new foods. Roasted Pumpkins Seeds were certainly something my sister and I both took a liking to instantly.
All it will take is one bite and you'll be hooked for life
Health Benefits of Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
9 Top Health Benefits
- Heart Healthy Magnesium. ...
- Zinc for Immune Support. ...
- Plant-Based Omega-3 Fats. ...
- Prostate Health. ...
- Anti-Diabetic Effects. ...
- Benefits for Postmenopausal Women. ...
- Heart and Liver Health. ...
- Tryptophan for Restful Sleep.
Traditional Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Medium Pumpkin Remove Seeds - Watch Video Above
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- One Egg White
- Cut the top off the pumpkin with a large knife.
- Using a large spoon, scrape own the seeds from the sides. Removed the seeds and place into a large bowl. Wash and rinse off the pumpkin seeds with running water.
- In a large bowl with the seeds, add one egg white plus all the seasoning ingredients. Mix well. ( Lightly whip the egg white with a fork )
- Using a cookie sheet, place parchment paper on top and add your pumpkin seeds, and spread them out.
- Roast in a preheated oven of 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Using a fork, crumble the roasted pumpkin seeds until you reach the texture you like. The pumpkin seeds will have great texture from the use of the egg white.