How To Make Secret BBQ Dry Rub
To experience my point of view, you need to watch the video.
Salt: An Important Ingredient
Adding salt to a dry rub recipe is a must, but how much? I create my base dry rub to keep on hand for the next month or two. I add the salt on the day of use.
Food without salt will usually fall flat in the flavor department. We all need salt to live. It's one 5 of the electrolytes. Don't be scared of it.
Using a salt like Himalayan sea salt comes with great additional health benefits.
Check out this post: livestrong.com/article/534033-what-are-the-84-minerals-in-himalayan-salt/
Facts about Himalayan sea salt
As scientific research has pointed out, “US Dietary Guidelines recommend a daily sodium intake of 2300 mg, but evidence linking sodium intake to mortality outcomes is scant and inconsistent.” The right salt in the right amount is actually very good for your health. Pink Himalayan sea salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better.
Herbs De Provence
Herbes de Provence (French pronunciation: ) is a mixture of dried herbs considered typical of the Provence region of southeast France. Formerly simply a descriptive term, commercial blends started to be sold under this name in the 1970s. These blends often contain savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Lavender leaves are also included in products in the North American market. The herb mixture is typically used with grilled foods and stews.
Chef Pennington’s Secret BBQ Dry Rub Recipe
- 7 tablespoons New Mexico Chili Powder
- 4 tablespoons Dark San Antonio Chili Powder
- 3 tablespoons San Antonio Chili Powder
- 1.5 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Herbs d' Provence
- ½ teaspoon All Spice
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1 tablespoons Chihuahua Wood Smoke Sea Salt / Link In Article For Purchase
- 4+ teaspoons Black Pepper / Freshly Ground
- 2+ teaspoons Coriander seed / Freshly Ground
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
Chicken & Pork Dry Rub Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons Turbinado Sugar /Chicken & Pork Mix
- 1 to 6 tablespoons Cumin / Ground
Thank you for joining our newsletter. Our one goal is to bring you high-quality content