How To Make Secret BBQ Dry Rub
To experience my point of view, you need to watch the video.
Salt: An Important Ingredient
Adding salt to a dry rub recipe is a must, but how much? I create my base dry rub to keep on hand for the next month or two. I add the salt on the day of use.
Food without salt will usually fall flat in the flavor department. We all need salt to live. It's one 5 of the electrolytes. Don't be scared of it.
Using a salt like Himalayan sea salt comes with great additional health benefits.
Check out this post: livestrong.com/article/534033-what-are-the-84-minerals-in-himalayan-salt/
Facts about Himalayan sea salt
As scientific research has pointed out, “US Dietary Guidelines recommend a daily sodium intake of 2300 mg, but evidence linking sodium intake to mortality outcomes is scant and inconsistent.” The right salt in the right amount is actually very good for your health. Pink Himalayan sea salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better.
Herbs De Provence
Herbes de Provence (French pronunciation: ) is a mixture of dried herbs considered typical of the Provence region of southeast France. Formerly simply a descriptive term, commercial blends started to be sold under this name in the 1970s. These blends often contain savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Lavender leaves are also included in products in the North American market. The herb mixture is typically used with grilled foods and stews.
- New Mexico Chili Powder 7 tablespoons
- Dark San Antonio Chili Powder 4 tablespoons
- San Antonio Chili Powder 3 tablespoons
- Onion Powder 1.5 tablespoons
- Herbs d' Provence 2 tablespoons
- All Spice ½ teaspoon
- Red Pepper Flakes 1 teaspoon
- Yellow Mustard Powder 1 teaspoon
- Chihuahua Wood Smoke Sea Salt (/ Link In Article For Purchase) 1 tablespoons
- Black Pepper (/ Freshly Ground) 4+ teaspoons
- Coriander seed (/ Freshly Ground) 2+ teaspoons
- Granulated Garlic 3 tablespoons
- Garlic Powder 2 tablespoons
Chicken & Pork Dry Rub Ingredients
- Turbinado Sugar (/Chicken & Pork Mix) 3 tablespoons
- Cumin (/ Ground) 1 to 6 tablespoons
Thank you for joining our newsletter. Our one goal is to bring you high-quality content