Cheesy Chicken Casserole takes no time to make
and even better making ahead for the busy work week ahead.
Watch Our How-To Video:
Ingredients and Step-by-Step Instructions
First, layout one package of croissant dough covering the bottom of the casserole dish
4 Chicken Thighs (Cubed)
( Or whichever part of the Chicken you enjoy)
Next, Add Garlic, Onion & Potatoes
( Add The Amount To Your Taste / Sprinkle a few of each)
Add The First CHEESE LAYER 🙂
Then Add layers of Broccoli, Carrots, Sweet Peas and cover with Cream of Mushroom or/Cream of Chicken Soup 24 oz Can
Next Step, Add Creole Seasoning Or Some Of Your Favorite House Seasoning
Finish by Covering With More Cheese 🙂
Cover With Saran Wrap, Then Straight Into The Refrigerator
OVEN TEMP @ 350 FIRST 30 MINUTES Covered With Aluminum Foil
Then UN-cover And Raise TEMP To 425 FOR Another 15-20 MINUTES
Cheesy Chicken Casserole Photo After Baking
Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- 4 Chicken Thighs Cubed
- 24 oz Can of Cream of Mushroom /or Chicken Soup
- 2 Croissant Roll packages
- 1 Medium large Potato Yukon Golds work great, small dice cut
- Onion Add to taste
- Garlic Add to taste
- Carrots Add to taste
- Sweet Peas Add to taste
- Broccoli To Taste
- 2 cups Favorite Cheese or a blend of Cheeses
- Favorite House Seasoning
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- First step, using your first roll of Croissant dough, layout to cover the bottom of your casserole dish. No need to spray with non-stick spray. The dough has enough butter to insure no sticking.
- Next cover the bottom of your casserole dish with cubed chicken thighs, or whichever part of the chicken you enjoy best.
- Add Onion, carrots, garlic, sweet peas, broccoli, potatoes (Add to taste)
- Add a nice layer of cheese
- Next, add a generous layer of cream of mushroom /or cream of chicken soup
- Next cover with more cheese
- Add your last roll of croissant dough to the top then cover nicely with another layer of cheese
- Sprinkle the top of the croissant dough with your favorite house seasoning, I like using creole seasoning.
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes before cooking, or wrap and store for dinner one day this week.
- Bake at 375 until chicken is cooked through and the croissant dough is cooked. Likely 25-35 minutes. Keep an eye on it.
Family Favorite - Cheesy King Ranch Chicken Casserole Click Photo for Recipe
Do we need to spray the dish with non-stick? Before placing the first layer of crescent dough? Thanks
That is a great question. Answer would be no. The reason is the croissant dough has enough butter in it to take care of casserole dish from sticking. Hope you enjoy the dish.
This is such a good point I'm going to add this to the printable recipe card. Thanks