Broccoli Crunch Salad equals a superfood healthy recipe. Easy to make and actually gets better sitting in your refrigerator each day.
This recipe idea comes from Whole Foods Grocery store. They offer a daily buffet of incredible food items and most of them are healthy recipe creations.
Why is Broccoli so healthy?
Have you ever heard of Glutathione?
Think of Glutathione as a much more powerful antioxidant than fish oil. Glutathione is the Master Antioxidant. Broccoli happens to be full of Glutathione.
A short few years ago I became pre-diabetic. This motivated me to set out to heal myself by eating whole foods and exercising and refused to take medicine. Whole Food Grocery store in a real way helped save my life. Broccoli Crunch Salad to me has become a breakfast staple. I honestly never thought eating Broccoli as often as I do now would have such a positive effect on my body.
Good News, l'm no longer Pre-Diabetic.
Glutathione counteracts the effects of oxidative stress, detoxifies your body’s cells, tissues and organs, and boosts your immune system, it will also optimize your body’s capacity to perform.
Great Reason To Care About Glutathione
The antioxidant vitamin C, when eaten in its natural form (in fresh produce as opposed to supplement form) can help to fight skin damage caused by the sun and pollution, reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin texture.
Many people automatically think of citrus fruit when they think of vitamin C, but did you know that broccoli provides 81 milligrams in just one cup? That is more than what you need in an entire day.
Vitamin C plays a vital role in the formation of collagen, the main support system of the skin. Vitamin A and vitamin E are also crucial for healthy-looking skin, both of which broccoli provides.
Just like in life, the food needs balance...
Which is Bacon 🙂 Recipe LINK
Beautiful Sweet Red Onion
Broccoli Crunch | Printable Recipe Card Below
When preparing the broccoli there are two directions you could go. Wash and clean the Broccoli and keep it raw.
Part Two: Blanch the Broccoli in hot boiling water for 20 to 60 seconds. Then straight into an ice bath to shock the Broccoli to stop the cooking. This also sets the bright color of the Broccoli. Overcook the Broccoli and the color will fade.
More Health Facts About Broccoli - One of Natures True PowerHouses
- Fresh Broccoli is a powerhouse of many phytonutrients like thiocyanates, indoles, sulforaphane, isothiocyanates, and flavonoids like beta-carotene cryptoxanthin, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Studies have proven that these compounds modify positive signaling at molecular receptor levels to help protect against prostate, colon, urinary bladder, pancreatic, and breast cancers.
- It's just like medicine from nature.
- Fresh Broccoli is an exceptionally rich source of vitamin-C; providing 89.2 mg or about 150% of RDA per 100 g. Vitamin-C is a powerful natural antioxidant, and immune modulator helps fight against flu-causing viruses.
- Further, it contains good amounts of another anti-oxidant vitamin, vitamin-A. 100 g fresh head provides 623 IU or 21 % of recommended daily levels. Combined with the other pro-vitamins like beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, and zeaxanthin, vitamin-A helps in maintaining the integrity of skin. Vitamin-A is essential for healthy eyesight and helps prevent muscular degeneration of the retina in the older adults.
- Broccoli leaves (green tops) are an excellent source of carotenoids and vitamin-A; (16000 IU of vitamin-A per 100 g) carrying these compounds, many Broccoli holds higher than that in their flower-heads.
Broccoli Crunch Salad
- 2 heads Broccoli
- ½ whole Red Onion Julianne / Thin Slice
- ½ cup Roasted Cashews Chopped
- ½ to 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 full Fresno Chile Julianna / Thin Slice
- ¾ cup Granola Any Kind You Like
- ½ cup Dehydrated Blueberries
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper or favorite spice blend
- 1 ½ tablespoon Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- 3-4 Slices of Bacon Chopped
- Clean and rinse the broccoli. Cut the florets off the broccoli / remove the stem. Slice half of one red onion into thin slices. The same cut on one Fresno Chile, be sure to de-seed & de-stem. Add in the yogurt, blueberries, Granola, black pepper, honey, garlic salt, cayenne pepper.
- Mixer together well...
Garnish with Bacon
Clean/Wash the Broccoli - Part Two: Blanch the broccoli in hot boiling water for 20 to 60 seconds. Then start into an ice bath to shock the Broccoli and stop the cooking. This also sets the bright color of the Broccoli. Over cook the Broccoli and the color will fade.
Leave a Reply