How To Roast The Perfect Chicken Breast | Keto | Kitchen Basics
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel – Thank You
How To Roast The Perfect Chicken Breast
When it comes to roasting chicken breasts the question comes down to two options, “Bone-In“ or “Boneless“? Cooking meat on the bone always brings more flavor to the table.
Chef Tip: – Meats cooked closer to bone often cook quicker than meat cooked off from the bone.
Interested in cutting up your own chicken?
Learning to cut up your own chicken is so valuable. The amount of money you can save a year is amazing. Plus you get to control the presentation.
Here is our guide to mastering breaking down a chicken.
There is one more thing to mention when it comes to chicken breast cookery. Have you ever heard of an Air-Line Chicken Breast? It’s more of a European style of cooking a chicken breast. The chicken breast is butchered, but the wing bone is kept attached. The meat close to chicken wings is very moist and flavorful. They really got this one right. It’s not mainstream in America, yet. It’s actually catching on these days with Chefs trying to impress their guest with new and exciting way to present dishes.
Here is an article by Serious Eats that covers how to cut out an Air-Line Chicken Breast
Perfect Roast Chicken Breast
- 4 Chicken Breasts. Bone-In will cook quicker & offer more flavor
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 Carrots sliced in half - lengthwise
- Half onion - sliced thinly
Tarragon Cream Sauce
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 1 Tbsp chopped Tarragon
- 1 tsp Honey Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Chicken & Oven Prep
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- First salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
- Next paint on olive oil making sure to cover all parts of the chicken breast
Creating Roasting Rack To Place Chicken On
- Slice Carrots lengthwise and place them in the bottom of a roasting pan.A second option I like, using a cast iron skillet to cook the chicken.
- Slice half of the onion thinly and layout on top of the carrots.
- Next, place the chicken breasts on top of the carrots and onions.
Cooking Chicken Breasts
- Place chicken breast in the middle of the oven at 400 degrees. Roast chicken until internal temperature of 158 is reached (Suggest using meat temperature probe/ meat thermometer. The chicken will rest outside of the oven and continue to increase in temperature all the way up to 165 degrees, Rest a minimum of 3 minutes.
Making the Cream Sauce
- Add 1 cup of half & half to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a strong simmer and reduce a little, not all the way to reduced by half, about reduced by 3rd. Be careful that the heat doesn't get too high and burn the milk. Medium heat.
- Once the sauce has tightened up from reducing add in 1 tsp of mustard and mix.
- Next, add the fresh chopped tarragon.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.Such an easy recipe, but so good. Enjoy