Blueberry Cake Recipe
Blueberry Cake, I personally didn't grow up eating blueberry cake, but I certainly will be the rest of my life. This cake is moist, fluffy and that touch of tartness from the sweet blueberries makes it the perfect cake. One thing I really like about this cake is it isn't heavy or dense. It's the kind of cake that after you eat it you won't feel like you need a nap.
Watch Our How-To Video:
Blueberry Cake Recipe
Fun Blueberry Facts
- Blueberries protect against memory loss
- The perfect blueberry should be “dusty” in color
- But don’t wash off that “dust” until you’re ready to dig in
- Many blueberry-flavored processed foods do not contain any real blueberries
- Maine produces more blueberries than anywhere else in the world
- They can be used as a natural food dye
- The blueberry bush is a relative of the rhododendron — and the azalea
- Blueberries grow in clusters and range in size from that of a small pea to a marble
- April 28th is National Blueberry Pie Day
- Blueberries are native to North America where they grow throughout the woods and mountainous regions in the United States and Canada. This fruit is rarely found growing in Europe and has only been recently introduced in Australia
- There are approximately 30 different species of blueberries with different ones growing throughout various regions
Blueberries rank #1 in antioxidant activity when compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables
Nature In All Its Perfection
Learn more about the health benefits of Blueberries and what they can do to your body for long life.
Check Out Our Article
Found here How Blueberries Heal - Health Benefits
- 3 ⅓ Cups of Cake/Pastry Flour
- 8 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 Whole Eggs Plus One Extra Egg White
- 1 Cup / 8 oz Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Sour Cream or Yogurt
- 1 Cup / 8 oz Fine White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 Cups of Blueberries Personal Choice
- Add melted butter into electric mixer. Check the temperature of the butter so that it's not too hot so the eggs do not get scrambled. Start the mixer, add both eggs and the extra egg white, one at a time. Next add in the sugar, vanilla, milk, heavy cream and sour cream and blend.
- Mix dry ingredients together, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and 1 Tbsp of turbinado sugar, all into the bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixer.
- Be sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl
- This helps making sure the flour is incorporated
Prep For The Bake
- Using a bundt pan or 9 by 13 pan; spray with cooking spray, or rub with butter, cover all over the pan. Next sprinkle Turbinado sugar covering the entire pan. ( Brings extra texture to the finished cake, you could also use table sugar if you like )
- First Step: lay down some blueberries, next cover with cake batter, then add more blueberries and cover with the rest of the batter. Think about the first lay as your presentation layer.
- Oven preheated to 350. Place on cooking sheet and baking in the middle of the oven for 35-45 minutes. Or till toothpick comes out clean. The tip of the toothpick will be blue with blueberries, that's ok and normal.