There are lots of fudge brownie recipes online, but you have stumbled upon one of the truly special ones online, seriously. At the bottom of this post is a printable recipe card for the ultimate fudge brownies.
In this recipe, we do things a little bit differently. We are using pastry flour instead of all-purpose flour. Pastry flour creates a softer textured brownie due to being lower in protein, which makes cake flour a low-gluten flour. The recipe is a combination of a Le Cordon Bleu recipe I got while in culinary school, along with some great suggestions that came along the way.
My mother is a southern cook & baker, and she suggested adding some brown sugar. Another idea is adding some raw honey, which helps round out the flavor profile. Key variable = the type of chocolate.
Over the years, the brand Ghirardelli chocolate has become a symbol of quality and is our choice of chocolate for the Ultimate Fudge Brownie. Lastly, the magic ingredient is that you cannot taste ground coffee.
The effect coffee has on chocolate is amazing. It really makes chocolate taste more like chocolate, plus you don't taste the coffee.
Have you ever wondered what chocolate looks like before it's processed? Take a look below...
How-To Make The Ultimate Fudge Brownies?
- Use Top Quality Coco Beans / Cacao Beans- -
The cocoa bean also called the cacao bean or simply cocoa (/ˈkoʊ.koʊ/) or cacao (/kəˈkaʊ/), is the dried and fully fermented fatty seed of Theobroma cacao, from which cocoa solids and cocoa butter can be extracted.
The "beans" are the basis of chocolate, as well as Mesoamerican foods, such as mole and tejate.
Ultimate Fudge Brownies
📖 Recipe Card
Ultimate Fudge Brownie | High Quality Recipe
- 1 Cup of Pastry Flour
- 1 Stick of Butter - 4oz
- 1 ¼ Cups of Fine Sugar
- 3 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Extra Large Eggs
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 1 Tbs Ground Coffee
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate
- One Package Ghirardelli 60% Cacao BitterSweet Chocolate 6 Sections out of 8 used
- Option Lighter Brownies add 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or melt in microwave with one stick of butter ( 4oz)
- In stages making sure to mix each ingredient in completely before adding the next ingredient.
- Add each ingredient one at a time into the melted Chocolate and Butter
- Start by adding the 3 eggs into the melted chocolate and mix. Allowing the chocolate to cool off a little will help make sure the eggs do not cook.
- Next add the ground coffee followed by the white & brown sugar, honey, vanilla extract & sea salt.
- Sift the pastry flour before adding it to the other ingredients which helps prevent lumps ( Adding in 3 stages also helps to avoid lumps )
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of an 8-by-8 baking pan. Or wrap oven-safe pot in aluminum foil making sure to wrap the handle as well. Makes for easy removal of brownies and clean up.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes or till a toothpick will come out clean.