Cooking fish to the maximum moistness level possible
- Kosher Salt 4 Cup
- Whites - ONLY 6 Egg
- Smoked SALT (/ Link Below) 2 T
- Fennel Seed 2 teaspoon
Fish Ingredients Prep
- 6 EGGS: Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks into different bowls. Keep the yolks and set them aside. ( Make Hollandaise sauce with the yolks. Link Below)
- Whip the egg whites into soft peaks using a whisk or hand mixer. Eggs closer to room temp will incorporate air quicker, which is the point of whipping the eggs.
- Start adding the measured Kosher salt to the 6 whipped egg whites, plus the smoked salt,
Cooking The Fish
- Preheat Oven To 450 degrees
- Using an oven-safe baking dish. Add ⅓ of the salt/seasoning mix to the bottom of your bakeware dish. Spread out enough salt mix to cover the length of the fish.
- Fill the fish cavity with sliced oranges or slices of Lemon, along with fresh parsley and fennel seeds. ( Crush the fennel seeds to add more flavor, there's an augment to not crush the fennel seeds as well. Depends on how much fennel flavor you want)
- Place the fish, with head upward. Place on top of the ⅓ of salt/whipped-egg-whites
- Add the remaining salt/egg-whites to the top part of the fish. Cover with as much as you like. Some people like keeping the head uncovered for preparation.
- Using a spatula, you can add designs to the salt cast before cooking. Idea being adding scales like fish have for presentation.