Slow-cooked Beef Ribs are a real treat. Be sure to give yourself the kind of time this cut of meat deserves. Allowing the meat to slowly render and flavors the meat with its own juices.
Meat heaven can be obtained here folks
If you're a fan of crockpots this is the time to pull that puppy out of the closet. You could prepare everything the evening before, then store the crockpot pot in the refrigerator overnight covered. In the morning, just add the pot to the base of the crockpot, cover and turn it on, then off to work.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Beef Ribs
In the video below, you'll see the steps to creating the perfect evening meal that will be waiting for your return home. To only be met with the fantastic smells perfuming your home that can only come from a day's long braise in the magical crockpot or dutch oven.
Take a quick look below at these latest style crockpots.
They really have evolved into amazing pieces of kitchen equipment over the years.
Beef Ribs - What Exactly Are Beef Ribs?
Basically, there are two types of beef ribs, back ribs, and short ribs. A steer has 13 ribs on each side. Starting at the front of the cow, the first 5 ribs are the chuck cut. The next 7 ribs are part of the rib section and extend down into the short plate. The remaining rib is in the loin cut. As you might imagine, these cuts vary quite a bit from one end of the steer to the other. They vary not only in flavor but in texture as well.
The middle of the cow forward is where the Beef Ribs come from. The very front of the Cow is where the Brisket comes from.
Watch Our How-To Video:
Slow Cooker Beef Ribs
📖 Recipe Card
Slow Cooker Beef Ribs
- 2 to 6 Beef Ribs Really a personal choice. At the Grocery store, What looks bests? Buy That :
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 Poblano Pepper chopped substitute, Bell Pepper((any color )),
- 1 cup Mushrooms I used Crimini, Button mushrooms works too
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 1 can Fire Roasted Tomatoes 14oz plus the liquid from the can
- 1 Dried Guajillo Pepper Red Dried Pepper
- 1 Dried Ancho Chile Pepper
- 1 tbps Sea Salt
- ½ tbps Black Pepper
- 2 cups Water or Beef or Chicken Stock
Using a Dutch Oven
- Salt and Pepper the Beef Ribs, add cooking oil to medium-high heat dutch oven, sear the beef ribs on all sides.
- Remove the Beef Ribs and add more oil if needed. Sweat the onions and poblano peppers, or bell peppers will they start to take on some color. Next, deglaze with Red Wine being sure to scrape the bottom on the dutch oven. Add in all remaining ingredients. Add in the water or stock and cover ⅔ of the way up the meat. Then cover
Cooking with Dutch Oven
- Two options: First option: place in the oven at 300 degrees for 3 to 5 hours or till fork tender
- Second: Braise on the stovetop on low for 4 to 7 hours, or until tender
Using a Crockpot:
- Add Beef Ribs to the bottom of the crockpot, layer in onions, mushrooms, poblanos, dried chiles, red wine, fire-roasted tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Add water or stock and mix all ingredients, then cover and turn on high for the first 30 minutes then turn down to low.
- Cook for 5 to 8 hours
Slow Cooker Beef Ribs - Perfect For Crockpots
Le Cordon Bleu Chef sharing food adventures from around the world with a style of cooking rooted in southwestern flavors using French culinary technique.