Creative creation spin on Chef Pennington's Mother Banana Bread recipe.
- All-Purpose Flour 1 ⅔ cups (208.33 g)
- Roasted Bananas (/ About 4 bananas) 1+ cups (150 g)
- Cinnamon ½ teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon)
- White Fine Sugar 1 cup (200 g)
- Brown Sugar 4 T (4 T)
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon)
- Baking Powder ½ teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon)
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon)
- Nutmeg (/ If using dry nutmeg be careful to not use too much. Watch Video.) pinch (pinch )
- Vegetable Oil ½ cup (109 g)
- Sea Salt ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon)
- Eggs 2 (2 )
- Pecans (/ Chopped) ⅔ cup (66 g)
- Turbinado Sugar
- Frozen Blueberries 1 cup (148 g)
Banana Prep - Oven Method
Cut the ends off of the bananas and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make a cut all the way down the length of the bananas. Makes for easy removal from the peel.
Roast @ 300 degrees for 40 minutes - Roast 4 bananas
Making Blueberry Banana Bread
Using a bread baking dish/cookware, spray with vegetable oil, or wipe down with a paper towel with vegetable oil. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar all over the cookware. Pour out the excess.
Add half of the batter to the cookware.
Next, add the blueberries. Use a much as you like.
Then add the remaining batter.
Do not overfill the cookware or the blueberry banana bread will extend too far upward while cooking. The bread will increase in height as it cooks. So do not overfill the cookware.
Add turbinado sugar to the top to a nice sugar crunch