Zucchini Taco Shells Recipe
Zucchini offers the perfect texture and flavor for making a taco shell that tastes incredible
First, take 4 Zucchini and grate them with a box grater, or using a food processor attachment then straight onto a bowl.
Take a large kitchen towel and squeeze out most of the water in the zucchini. This is key to remove as much natural zucchini water as possible. Take your time and remove as much as you can. Watch the video for the perfect technique to remove the water below.
Next, 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese, grated
Beat 2 Large Eggs together well (I like adding the fajita seasoning straight into the beaten eggs for even incorporation of the fajita seasoning.
Green Onions or/Scallions - thin chop on the bias (bias meaning diagonally cut)
Add fajita seasoning and salt to the bowl - one tablespoon Fajita. Ok to be on the plus side.Add Salt, please use kosher salt or sea salt as table salt is crazy salty. I never suggest using it. One of our readers suggested using ½ teaspoon of salt. My suggestion is closer to 2 teaspoons. Please make the fajita season then take a taste without the salt. Then add the salt to taste.
Combine all ingredients (Stir carefully not to break up the Zucchini)
Portion out your taco shells on a cookie sheet w/ parchment paper
Bake at 450 for 20 minutes or till tacos start to brown around the edges
- The shape you make the taco shells on the cookie sheet will be the same size after baking.
- For best results, use the freshly grated zucchini following the grating to ensure good texture.
- Removing the water by squeezing the zucchini, it's ok to get the job done with breaks in between. Just give it your best effort to remove as much water as you can.
- Zucchini taco shells can be rewarmed and used twice. Reheat using the oven, but at a lower temperature of 325.
- The parmesan cheese and eggs are the binder ingredient. Both are required.
Serving: 1shellCalories: 44kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 4gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 139mgPotassium: 181mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 198IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 1mg