Guacamole, gone to the next level with the use of Mango to help balance out the flavors of the onions, peppers, garlic.
First, combine the Avocados and Lime juice. Mash the Avocados, but not too much. You want texture in your finished Guacamole. More mixing to come, so be gentle.
Next, add the Red Onion, Garlic, Peppers, and Salt and mix.When using fresh garlic, I suggest you paste the garlic using a knife.
Add the Roma Tomato last so as not to destroy them from all the mixing. Perform and small dice on the tomatoes.
Chef Tip:Tomatoes carry a lot of extra water and will make your Guacamole watery if you do not remove the middle section.
The Dry Chilies
Split the chilies in half and remove the seeds. Use scissors. Place in the microwave covered with water - Set timer for 3 minutesChop the chilies up, then add the guacamole.
Texas Guacamole - Secret Ingredient - Hint: It's Huge
- Traditional Guacamole does not have tomatoes
- Buying limes a few days before and allow them to denature on the counter will help them become juicier
- The brown part of Avocados is oxidation and not harmful to humans. If the discoloring is too great, discard the avocado.
- Discolored avocados impart a small bit of bitterness
- Mangos are best when the outside skin is soft. This means the mangos are fully ripe and will be the sweetest.