Aunt Cathy’s Sweet Potato Casserole
A family favorite that is sure to become one of yours. Classic southern recipe created by my Aunt Cathy. She’s one of the people in my life that helped me find my way to the kitchen and chef’N. She’s as solid of a cook as you can find. If you have a cookbook on your shelf at home she’s possibly already read it.😊
Cool TIP: You can make this ahead of time, freeze it, then bake it off the day you choose to pull it out of the freezer.
–Be sure to wrap the sweet potato casserole well or place it into a large freezer bag.
Aunt Cathy's Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 cups Sweet Potato cooked
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 stick Butter melted
- 2 Eggs Beaten
Making Sweet Potato Casserole
- Combine the cooked sweet potato with "Base" ingredients. Mix well.
- Combine topping ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the base to an oven-safe casserole dish and spread around, next add the topping and bake @ 350 for 35 minutes.
- You can freeze the recipe and use it as a make-ahead meal plan side item.