I grew up eating my Dad's "Egg in the Hole" for breakfast. I still love making them. They add additional texture to eggs
About Dave's Killer Bread Family
Dave's Killer Bread is built on the Dahl family legacy – a rich history of bold baking methods, strong family values, and seeing the good in people.
Egg in the Hole with Truffle Butter
Dave's Killer Bread Egg In The Hole With Truffle Butter & Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Extra Large Eggs
- 1 piece Dave's Killer Bread
- 1 tablespoon High-Quality Butter
- 2 teaspoon Truffle Butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chervil or Parsley / chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tomato / chopped
- 2 teaspoon Parmesan Cheese / grated
- Prep one piece of Dave's killer bread by cutting away a circle in the middle, a little larger than the whole egg.
- Add a good bit of butter to a skillet over medium heat and melt, then add the bread and coat both sides with the melted butter.
- Add one egg into the middle of the bread hole carefully keeping the egg in the middle of the bread. Add a pinch of salt to the egg.
- Cook until you can see the bottom of the egg turn solid white. Then wait another 30+ seconds before you flip.Flip TIP:Position the slice of bread in the skillet like a page in a book you're about to turn the page. Flip this way and you'll have a shorter distance to flip the bread and helps keep the egg in place.
- TIP: If you do not like runny egg yolks cook on both sides for 2 minutes longer. Flipping back and forth for even cooking.
Truffle Scrambled Eggs
- I suggest using the same skillet as for the egg hole. I run the skillet under cool water to reset the heat. IMPORTANT
- Chop chervil or parsley and grate the parmesan cheese before starting or risk messed up cooking timing. Be ready to go from the beginning.
- Over medium heat add a good bit of butter (2teaspoon+) to the skillet and start melting. Then add in two eggs and scramble.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- When the eggs are almost finished cooking add in the cheese, chervil/parsley, and truffle butter.
Plating the Egg In The Hole
- I like using a plate with contrast to the bread and the yellow/white egg. Helps with the presentation of our elevated breakfast/brunch dish. Use something other than a white plate.
- Start with either the egg hole first or you can place the scrambled eggs down first. Garnish the place with the tomatoes for color and a pop of acidity to help balance out the dish. Small bit of chervil or parsley to add more color , that helps everyone know what's in the dish.